Best Biometric Gun Safes : You typically go with either small and discreet or big and bold, with little room for compromise in between. Your safe is either going to be detected or remain hidden from prying eyes. Unfortunately, a smaller safe means less room for your guns, valuables, and anything else you want locked up and secure yet accessible when you need them.
A bigger safe may take up more real estate in your bedroom or office, but it also means more room for firepower–the real theft deterrent. And just because a large safe is more conspicuous doesn’t mean its more vulnerable, especially when packed with more guns and ammo than the opposition.
How to Check Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews
If you’re looking to purchase a gun, most states and localities legally require you to buy a safe storage space as well. However, you can’t just buy any old lock box from Home Depot and call it a day. You’ll need a gun safe in order to be on the right side of the law. Gun safes are approved and tested for efficiency and security. If you have children in your home, it’s absolutely imperative that you have a childproof gun safe.
The type of gun safe you buy depends on the number and type of guns that you own. You can buy everything from a handgun or pistol safe to a full on air-conditioned cabinet that stores fifteen rifles. It’s really up to you, your budget, and your concerns about security.
The size and weight of a gun safe varies a lot, though they’ll definitely be a lot heavier than any security box you can pick up at a hardware store. If you’re in the market for a fire-proof, theft-proof, child-proof (and idiot-proof) gun safe, then you will be looking at something made of some pretty hefty steel. If you’ve got the cash to spend and a lot of guns to store, you can opt for some ten gauge steel.
List of Best Biometric Gun Safes 2019
However, if you just own a handgun or two and maybe a rifle, you can opt for a gun safe that is roughly the size of a storage cabinet, just with lower-quality steel. No matter how solid that safe is or what size it is, remember to put multiple locks on it. If you don’t need to haul it around or you don’t want it carried off by a thief, bolt that safe to the floor in a closet or somewhere hidden in your home,
#1 Gunvault GVB2000 Multi-Vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe
Your eyes may open a bit wider when you see the Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe 16-gauge steel safe that has a spring-loaded door that’s temper proof. This rings of true strength and durability. The Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe brings the quality of the Gunvault name with precision and superiority. Built with the average gun owner in mind, the The Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe provides a number of intuitive options and security features for its users.
These quality features include a secure high strength lock mechanism, precise fittings that are impossible to pry open with hand tools, built in computer mechanisms that blocks access after repeated invalid keypad entries and a patented No-Eyes Keypad as well as a Biometric pad for lightning quick access. The Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe also has comes with a fingerprint technology that can store up to 30 recognizable fingerprints.
Developed by Gunvault, The Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe is a premium security products line that sets the standard for the rest of the industry, they provide a wide range of gun safes including wall safes, pistol safes, fireproof safes and car safes.
Gunvault GVB2ooo Mutli-Vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe Specifications and Features
- 16-Guage Steel housing
- Foam lining inside
- Tamper-proof, spring-loaded door
- Battery power supply last 1 year under normal conditions
- Blinking low-battery light
- Mounting gear included
- Interior courtesy light
- Power connection jack for external AC or DC power supply (adapter included)
- Audio and LED low battery warning
- Gunvault GVB2000 Multi Vault biometric Pistol Gun Safe Weight: 14 lbs
- Gunvault’s GVB2000 Multi-vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe Dimensions: 10.1″W x 7.9″H x 14″D
- Power Supply: 9V Battery
- If you want to buy this safe, you can get it on sale at Amazon through this link.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the Gunvault Mutli Vault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe:
- Spacious-big enough to fit your firearms with some back up clips and ammunition as well as important documents.
- Strength-this gives you some comfort knowing that it comes with a tamper proof casing that will keep unwanted people out.
- Mechanical Failure– many people have reported that simple bumps to the top of the device will cause the safe to open. For those of you that want to use it to keep children or pets and unwanted intruders from these devices, then this may cause some alarm.
- Bad Fingerprint Recognition– this has been characterized as the need to be “too exacting”. Many people have reportedly used different methods to work this lapse in technology to their advantage such as wiping the fingerprint scanner after or before every use, programming the fingerprint reader to read your prints as they would be in normal operation and even using the fingerprint scanner several times over to open.
It’s rare when you see something that has so many positive attributes on paper, to fall so far flat when you actually put this in to practice. With the price lined up with a lot of the higher end models, you would expect to receive something very superior but in actuality you will find a model that is filled with shoddy mechanical elements that will put you or your loved ones life in jeopardy. If you’re looking for something for only storage, consider this, however, if you’re looking for more safety, then look for something a bit more reliable.
#2 Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe- Best Biometric Gun Safe
Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe-Powered by a either a single 9-volt battery or a power cord that comes with the gunvault safe, this miniature yet powerful and easy to use Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe gives its owners a sense of comfort and pride.
Backed by revolutionary technology, the Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe displays many of the characteristics that have made the Manufacture so popular in the world of secure safe technologies.
Some of the features in the Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe include improved high strength lock mechanism, precise fittings, audio feedback (for wrong input codes) and a high performance algorithm that is used to achieve quick identification of fingerprints that lowers the probability of a false accept rate. (FAR)
The Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe ,developed by Gunvault, a premium security products line that sets the standard for the rest of the industry, they provide a wide range of gun safes including wall safes, pistol safes, fireproof safes and car safes. This is one of the smaller models in their line of other valuable gun safes.
Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe Specifications and Features
- 8.1 x 4.9 x 12-inch
- Power supply: 9v batteries
- Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe: 8 pounds
- Accepts up to 30 fingerprints and updates slight changes that might occur over time to an enrolled fingerprint
- If you want to buy this safe, you can get it on sale on Amazon through this link.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe:
- Reliability-Despite being used by a number of different customers, there has been no false accepted read reported. Even despite the amount of fingerprints that can be programmed (30) on the screen.This makes it as reliable as it can get in terms of biometric safes.
- Size-can be stored in a nightstand drawer no problem and it holds one pistol nicely, perfect for discreet access. Wherever you decide to place this, its small size is able to go unnoticed for people who aren’t supposed to see it.
- Easy Setup– Takes only a few minutes to set up and program. No heavy instruction manuals needed to get on the road with this piece of hardware. It is a hassle-free set up.
- Glow In The Dark -it gives you a low intensity blue LED for lighting up the contents for easy reading in the dark. Something like this goes unnoticed by the masses, but this feature wont be valuable until it’s absolutely necessary.
- Door Wears Down Quickly-the door has been reported to stop opening after some time. This must have been a common occurrence because it is listed on their frequently asked questions page for solutions.People have been noted to pry open the door with screwdrivers or slap the top of the door to open it. This could be isolated to only a few defective devices.
Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe-Most companies fall far short in their quest for more compact and durable safes for their guns. However with its next to smallest model, Gunvault GVB1000 Mini Vault Biometric Gun Safe gives a wholehearted effort to provide patrons with a quality, easy to use gun safe that provides features that are more intuitive for its users. Therefore, we recommend this for those who like reliability, but don’t necessary look for the other features such as quick access in a crucial time.
#3 Barska Biometric Safe – Best Biometric Gun Safe Review
Barska Biometric Safe -Do you need a sturdy and reliable place that you can put your valuables and feel at ease that also allows for easy access without the use of hard to remember combination and a number of keys that are difficult to keep up with? Then the Barska Biometric Safe just might be for you. Built as a compact and convenient state of the art safe, it offers technology that most normal standard safes come without.
The Barska Biometric Safe includes a unique fingerprint pad that only accepts and recognizes fingerprints that you select. This helps give you ultimate control and comfort on who is allowed to access whatever is inside of your safe, from money, firearms, jewelry, and other items that you hold valuable.
Update: The Barska Biometric Safe is currently on sale through this link on Amazon.
Barska Biometric Safe-Developed by California sport optics company Barska, who offers an extensive line of precision sport optic products such as binoculars, riflescopes and telescopes, this particular barska biometric safe joins a long line of state of the art products that come with the most up to date technology available. The standard package comes with mounting hardware and two keys as well as a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Barska Biometric Safe Specifications and Features
- Interior dimensions: 16.25 by 7 by 14.25 inches (W x H x D)
- Exterior dimensions: 16.5 by 7.75 by 14.5 inches
- Fingerprint compatibility: Stores up to 30 unique fingerprints
- Batteries required: 4 AA (not included)
- Mounting hardware included
- Includes two backup keys
- Barska Biometric Safe: 31 pounds
- Store important documents, medicine, cash, jewelry, firearms
- Compact design hides nearly anywhere
- If you want to buy the Barska biometric safe, you can get it on sale at Amazon through this link.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the Barska Biometric Safe:
- Size And Space-This extensive safe system allows room for several handguns, extra ammunition, magazines and other valuables and documents that are important.
- Cost-This isn’t the least expensive safe, but it does come a full class above any of the inferior models around. It has a very simple to use interface and efficient back up system. This all comes at a very economical price for its class.
- Ease Of Use– Programming the safe is very easy to do, and once it’s programmed, it’s just a matter of touching a button with a recognized fingerprint to open it.
- Noise– One of the drawbacks found was that it tends to make a loud beeping noise during operation. This can alert intruders of your location and movements.
- Unresponsiveness-There has been some issues with the safe not opening at the touch of a finger, which led many to believe it had certain glitches however; it has been believed to be because of the angling of the finger when in use. Most people think that it requires you using the most accurate measure of the thumbprint by your placement.
If you’re not only looking for security, but easy and safe access to your belongings and valuables, the Barksa Biometric Safe holds up with many of the top tiered safes for this price. The reliability is definitely a plus, especially with a brand like Barska backing it. With the price for this safe is especially promising, given its high tech features and functionality this is definitely a solid buy in our opinion.
#4 Locksaf PBS 001 Biometric Fingerprint Safe
For those of you that believe that protection of your guns is very critical, but quick access entry is paramount, the LockSAF pbs 001 biometric fingerprint safe may be exactly what you’re looking for. Premium technology comes with a very manageable feel, as these units are easy to use as well as program. Just press the activation button and place a programmed fingerprint and viola, the safe is opened.
LockSAF pbs 001 biometric fingerprint safe was designed with nine-gauge steel to give the owner a sense of security with its tamper-proof casing. The Locksaf pbs 001 biometric fingerprint safe uses a 9v standard battery that comes with the safe and the easy access recognition window is located on the front panel to make it easy for your fingers to touch. Mounting is simple, with four pre-drilled holes in the bottom panel and the interior is spacious and lined with foam padding that allows for belongings up to 12inches long to be stored.
Developed by LockSAF, an innovative company that uses the latest biometric fingerprint technology to provide foolproof security of a wide array of devices. The company aims to give you security, peace of mind and convenient access all at the same time.
LockSAF pbs 001 Biometric Fingerprint Safe Features and Specifications
- LockSAF PBS 001 Biometric Fingerprint Safe stores up to 10 fingerprints
- Operates on 1 9V block battery
- 14 x 10.2 x 4.6 inches; 22 pounds
- If you want to buy this safe, you can get it on sale on Amazon through this link.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the Locksaf pbs 001 Biometric Fingerprint Safe:
- Opens Silently-Noise free access gives you comfort knowing that you won’t alert someone else when opening it. This can buy you spare time in the event that an intruder breaks in.
- Reads Well-Many biometric readers tend to cause frustration when trying to use the fingerprint technology. This one however reads fingerprints well and has been called accurate a high percentage of the time during the first swipe.
- Customer Service-Known to have a great reputation for handling customer issues and returning products deemed defective. They are considered gold star standard when it comes to customer service.
- Limited Fingerprint Reading-this is only in comparison with other models that have typically been known to register up to 30 fingerprints at a time. The makers of this model have created access to only 10 recognizable fingerprints.
In life in general, there are only a few occasions when different people agree on one specific thing, but with the Locksaf PBS 001 Biometric Fingerprint Safe, the results are clearly astonishing.
The ease of use features, the strong structure and comfortable and sizable safe dimensions allows this safe to be a highly rated and perennial best seller.
Given the tendency for most biometric fingerprint readers to be huge disappointments, the LockSAF pbs 001 biometric fingerprint safe clearly shows that you can have functionality coupled in a high tech environment as well. With all of the 5 star ratings we found for the LockSAF pbs 001 biometric fingerprint safe and all of the wonderful things that people reviewing the product online had to say about it we feel very comfortable highly recommend this safe.
#5 VIKING SECURITY SAFE VS-35BL BIOMETRIC SAFE FINGERPRINT SAFE
#7 Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe-Best Biometric Gun Safe Review
Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe- Looking for a solid piece of hardware that can fit multiple guns in one place? Then the Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe can be the right choice for you. Backed by amazing technology delivered by a powerhouse development company in Gunvault, the features on this model includes maximum strength casing for ultimate security, the ability to code over 12 million access codes, audio feedback for positive keypad entries, stealth mode capabilities with audio disable, built in computer blocks for rejections and it also can hold up to 30 fingerprints in its database.
Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe
is created with 16-gauge steel, but also encompasses soft foam on the inside to protect potentially fragile or volatile valuables. It also comes with a motion detector and an audio alarm that helps guard against direct tampering for potential intruders as well as an audio low battery warning that keeps your valuables safe against power loss unexpectedly.
Built with the user in mind, the Gunvault GV2000C-DLXMulti Vault Deluxe Gun Safe can carry more than one gun on the inside. The safe contains an interior courtesy light, along with a power connection jack for external AC or DC power supply.
Features and Specifications
- Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe Weighs 14-pounds
- Easy to program over 12-million user selectable access codes
- Foam lining inside to protect the firearm or other valuables
- If you want to buy this safe, you can get it on sale on Amazon through this link.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe:
- Size-it can hold at lease 3 handguns, some ammunition, passport, wallet and cash. Perfect for the person with a small gun collection that desires to store all of them in one location. It makes life very convenient for that type of individual.
- Simple Setup-although it is a biometric type safe that normally requires a painstakingly difficult process, this takes only minutes to set up and doesn’t require extensive guides or additional help.
- Easy Access-For those of you that need access, its very quick to use. Therefore it can be mounted near your bed for emergency situations and even used in the dark for quick access.
- Durability– seems as if the smaller components of the gun safe do not have too long of a shelf life. The internals of the finger pad unlock seems to wear out. This can be frustrating.
- Warrenty-since the average warranty for these types of safes are normally 12 months, there are certain issues that has been prevalent for this model that should be covered under extended warranties. A customer has reported having the unit broken after 14 months and the company offered to replace it for a fee.
- Erratic Issues-some have noted that the machine malfunctions when put into particular conditions such as extreme heat or coldness for extended periods of time. One person had reported leaving it in his car for 3 days only to have it “spazz” out on him.
Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe- Mainly created for space and ease of use, this model developed by Gunvault has fallen short of achieving a number of its goals but still is considered a mid-tiered piece of equipment for its price. However, when considering it performance in the field, rather than its spec sheet on paper, reality casts a big shadow over this device. On top of that, given that the lack of a longer warranty for its consistent problems, it’s hard to give this a glowing rating.
#8 V-Line Quick Access Keyless Gun Safe
The Quick Access champion of Gun Safes
There probably aren’t too many smaller, slimmer gun safes around than the V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe. Compact to a tee, it’s designed to store away your number one home defense weapon, and comes with a key less high grade lock, a pair of additional keyed locks to maximize security, as well as pre-punched mounting holes to make set up as easy as possible. It is also coated in a premium powder finish that not only makes it look good, but that also ensures it will stay looking good for years to come. Let’s take a closer look at what it offers.
It’s All About Expectations
This gun safe might look limited in what it can offer, but it really isn’t. What it offers might come down to perception, but in reality it will come down to what buyers are expecting from it – and whether it can offer match up that expectation adequately. So, what do we expect? Well, it’s advertised as being able to store 18.5” barrels absolute max. No more. That’s what it says, and that’s what it does – but you could get away at a pinch with tucking away a 20” if you’re lucky. So, with your 18.5 inch barrel in your hand, we can safely say that this gun safe does a very fine job at storing it. Before you buy this product, then, it’s important to note the size of your gun to make sure that you aren’t left disappointed. It can store two short shotguns nicely – and two short shotguns only.
But Does It Secure Them Well?
Pretty well. It comes with five pushbuttons on the mechanical lock, and you just need to program it with a code that you can remember. There is a slight downside to the way this 5 buttoned mechanical lock works, and this is the fact that there are about 930 possible combinations available. But still, as long as a mathematical genius doesn’t break into your home, you should be okay! The way the mechanical lock works is either genius or downright puzzling – it will depend on your personal discretion. But the main thing is that is pretty damn secure, and even better, it allows for quick access – you can open it in 5 seconds easily.
The downside to the mechanical lock is that it looks a little vulnerable when you first set it up, and it’s easy to worry that an intruder would be able to open it with a pry bar. This means that you just have to be a bit savvy when setting it up, installing it so that no one has easy leverage. The product does come with two additional keyed locks, but they really wouldn’t offer all that much protection if a thief gets beyond the mechanical lock. Aside from the lock, the steel is thick and heavy, and if you mount it cleverly, you will feel secure that most thieves will not get in – and your children definitely will not.
Yes, it looks small. And measuring in at just 42 x 8 x 3.5-Inch, it is small. But this is no bad thing. As well as being very capable of storing two small shotguns (and storing them well), this most compact of all gun safes is easy to conceal – which is fantastic if you’re worried about potential home intrusions. Moreover, its size also prevents it from being an eyesore in your home, and you can easily mount it in a place where you don’t need to be looking at it all the time. Moreover, its size makes it absolutely perfect for storing the ideal home defense weapon and making it readily available for quick access. A bigger shotgun is not the ideal home defense weapon because they are difficult to secure.
The Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe from V-Line is a clever little gun safe that wonderfully secures your home defense weapon. If you are worried about potential home intrusions, but don’t want the hassle of setting up a substantially sized safe, this may be the one for you. Its compact, takes up little room, and yet secures your main firearm and allows for quick access in case of an emergency. Priced from just $270, it could well represent a real bargain.
If you feel that this safe is a bit too small for you and your firearms collection, we at The Gun Safe Guide are confident that the right-sized safe is out there for you. Why not take a further look around our website and find out?
About Biometric Gun Safe
1.Fire Proofing Is Necessary